Raise your hand if you are ready for SPRING BREAK! Even if virtual learning is still happening in your home, it’s always nice to have a break from school! We are here to help you start thinking of the activities you want to plan during this week off and came up with some of our favorites!
Our Top 5 Spring Break Activities:
- Get outside to play games! Try some outdoor games such as freeze tag, capture the flag, hopscotch, & hide and seek. Some of our favorites games can be found here
- Start a garden! Grab some seeds or plants from your local nursery or gardening store and plant a small garden in the backyard with the kids. Or you can even make a small raised bed and plant some things too. Potted plants are also a fun way to include the kids and spruce up the porch. For some of the best tips and ideas for gardening with kids, click here.
- Plan a picnic! Grab a picnic basket or cooler and back your child’s favorite foods and enjoy a fun picnic on a nice day! We have many of our favorites family picnic ideas too!
- Plan an outdoor scavenger hunt! Type or write up a few clues and place them outside around a trail in your area and have a prize at the end of the hunt for the kids. Could be something like a new outdoor game, bubbles, chalk, etc. If you don’t like the idea of making your own scavenger hunt, try one of these templates here.
- Rent a canoe or go tubing! Find a local river or body of water and go enjoy some fun water activities. See if your area has these rentals available or find a nearby place where you can take some tubes.
As spring break approaches, we hope you enjoy some time outside and making precious memories with your loved ones. Plan a few days of fun and of course, some relaxing ones too. Spring break is a great time to make memories, get fresh air, travel if you can, and sleep in and relax.
If you need any help with childcare over spring break or interested in learning more about how a nanny can benefit your family, please reach out to us. We are here to guide and assist you and we love doing so!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and check out the other posts on the blog!